Here are some totally random updates...
1. I read a book called Gnome on the Range by Jennifer Zane which I downloaded as a freebie. I thought is was about a homicidal gnome (see exhibit A, the cover). The cover image is creepy and the title is creepy. Lo and behold, it was sort of a romance. It also included gnomes, horse semen, an evil villain with a mustache, lots of dildos, an explosion, a stick-up, a monster car show, and a lot of flip-flops. Strangely enough, I was entertained and laughed out loud in spite of the ridiculous storyline and cartoonish plot. But still. The cover! I was slightly disappointed that it was not a horror story about a homicidal gnome. Dammit.
2. I got my mason jar with home-made lemon curd from Julia Rachel Barrett! See Exhibit B...
My next project is attempting these cookies--Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies. I think the recipe looks really good and Natty can help. Fun!
3. The NECRWA is looking for judges for our Bean Pot Contest (see bean pot, Exhibit C). Judges are readers, librarians and booksellers. If you're interested, please contact the contest coordinator. Here's more info about the contest at the website.
4. January is over! Which means one of my new year's resolutions is over...the January Book Buying Moratorium. As a direct result of this resolution, my American Express bill was the LOWEST it's been in years. I kid you not. Which made me realize I might have a wee little impulse control problem with book buying. The solution? A combination of a budget (the horror!), a library card, and some good old-fashioned will power.
On the plus side, I used my copious American Express reward points (which I racked up from buying so many romance novels) to get TWO FREE TICKETS TO SANTA FE for summer vacation. Yee haw!
So, in conclusion, I think my romance addiction is actually having a super positive financial effect on my life. It's possible that this is faulty reasoning, but it works for me!
5. My print proof of LUCY THE WONDER WEENIE is supposed to arrive today! I am excited, nervous and cray cray at the same time. Meanwhile, Lucy couldn't care less (see Exhibit E).
Hope y'all have a great week!