Monday, September 13, 2010
Penelope's Bucket List
After visiting author Mia Marlowe's blog this past week, I was inspired to create my own "bucket list" of goals for the year. (Thanks, Mia!). Mia has two lists--one professional and one personal--of items she would like to accomplish in the next 9 months. I actually think this is a great idea for everyone...it makes you really think about things you want to do, love to do, wish you could do, need to do. After my heart attack scare in early August, I decided to add some things onto my list that I have been wanting to do for years, and just never got around to.
I'm going to add this onto my sidebar like Mia did, and check off the items as I accomplish them. Special thanks to Mia for the inspiration!
Penelope's Bucket List for 2010-2011....
1. Attend the opera with my husband. (Of course I'll need to purchase a rockin' outfit and some stunning jewelry for the event!)
2. Plant hundreds of daffodil bulbs in my garden to enjoy next spring.
3. Write a quickie botanical paranormal story with a bearded hero. (hee hee)
4. Heal my heart. I want to hear these words from my cardiologist "Your heart is back to normal!"
5. Go for a run.
6. Visit the Ware Collection of Blaschka Glass Models of Plants at the Harvard Museum of Natural History. (The photo above is one of the glass models of a pitcher plant.)
7. Attend the NJRWA conference this October and the NECRWA conference next spring.
8. Go birding at the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge in Sanibel, Florida.
9. Plant a terrarium this winter (and maybe get a turtle to go with it!)
10. Lose 50 more pounds (already lost 30) and reverse my diabetes diagnosis.
11. Go to the Nutcracker ballet with my daughter this Christmas.
12. Finish edits for Sweet Magik and look forward to my 2nd book publication next year.
13. Spend hours puttering around the fantabulous antique mall in Quechee, Vermont, followed up by a glass of sparkling apple cider at Simon Pearce.
14. Walk Sachuest Point in Middletown, Rhode Island and see the harlequin ducks.
15. Become involved in heart health education.
I'm done with putting off the things I want to do...from now on my new attitude is Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)!
Do you have any special things on your bucket list for the upcoming year? Let me know!