Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Things I Learned From Penny
According to the 19 thank-you notes I received from Natalie's 4th grade classmates (following a presentation I did about LUCY THE WONDER WEENIE) these are the Things I Learned From Penny...
1. "it can take awhile to get the pictures to mach the story" [SIC]
2. "I learned there are two ways to write a book, pantsing and plotting."
3. "every single word has to count"
4. THANK YOU FOR THE CHAPSTICK!
5."if you self publish you do all the work yourself"
6. "My mom wrote a book and she got it published by a company" (this one is the equivalent of "my mom is better than your mom")
7. "I love the saying 'puke out the story'--I think that's really funny."
8. "The lip balm smells so good!"
9. "editing a few words can make the story better"
10. "I really liked how you used Natalie as your advisor"
11. "I think I will publish a duck book."
12. "I learned when you write picture books it can take a long time because you might have to erase things."
13. "I like how Lucy has a licking problem."
14. "If Lucy could talk she would say thank you because you got her famous."
15. "I like how you take Lucy to the groomers and people go crazy."
I was extremely impressed with Natalie's class. The kids were smart, inquisitive, and enthusiastic. Fun!
Hope everyone has a lemony licky day,