Monday, May 14, 2012
Anyone Want A Chocolate Tomato?
Happy Mother's Day to me! I made out like a bandit. My hubs got me a Nespresso coffee machine. Natty and I shopped like fiends at the plant nursery. And last night I enjoyed white wine sangria at Legal's.
A great day!
I made my annual trek to Russell's Nursery in Wayland to get my window box plants and assorted herbs and veggies. Natty joined me this year for the first time. And she talked me into pink flowers for the window boxes, which is gonna be a new one. Normally I go for blue/yellow/white color scheme, but Natty kept bringing me pretty pink flowers, and I caved.
We also got...
*A Calamondin plant, which my Filipino father-in-law loved. Natty kept bugging me until I bought it with this refrain...."It's cultural, Mom. Work with me, woman!"
* Four kinds of mint....ginger, chocolate, orange and a new one....mojito cocktail mint! Yee haw!
* Kermit eggplant, which is this neat Thai small round eggplant that I love.
* Sugar Baby watermelons for Nat.
* Strawberry plants
* Six pack of assorted cherry tomatoes and one chocolate tomato...can't wait to see how that tastes!
* Apple Scented geraniums....I adore this old-fashioned herb. Also got vanilla-scented heliotrope.
* Honey Bear squash for Natty
* Tons of pink and white annuals for the boxes
I also planted hundreds of morning glory seeds and some sweet pea vines to grow along my fence. If I can just keep the landscaping company from hacking them down, it will look incredible in a couple of months.
This week....read, write, garden. :^)
Happy Monday to All!