- He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
- and his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
- A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,
- and he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.
- His eyes--how they twinkled! His dimples, how merry!
- His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
- His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
- and the beard on his chin was as white as the snow.
- The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
- and the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
- He had a broad face and a little round belly,
- that shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Beard Of The Day
CLEMENT CLARKE MOORE, Twas the Night Before Christmas