Friday, November 26, 2010

Get Better, Lucy!


Beware to pet-owners everywhere! My poor, sweet, lovely doxie Lucy almost died yesterday after she ate a tiny bit of mold-infested pumpkin. Evidently, the toxins from this mold can cause a severe reaction in small dogs. Lucy is recovering in the pet hospital, and I am praying she is back home soon. What a bittersweet Thanksgiving Day. Oy. I hope our Christmas is melodrama-free. One of the best parts of my day is snuggling with Lucy before I put her to bed. I missed my fluff-bunny last night. Dogs are good for the soul.

Get Better Lucy!
Penelope

10 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Oh my gosh! Get well, Lucy! We got our puppies at the same time! My dog ate a piece of a Death Angel mushroom last week and had to have his stomach pumped! What's up with this???

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Actually it wasn't last week, it was Monday - I'm losing track of time!

Lindsay Kiernan said...

So sorry to hear about the close call. Hope she is better and by your side very soon! It is frightening how many things they can get into that you wouldn't even consider worrying about.

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Poor Baby!! I hope she's much better by now, how scary! I had a terrible scare a few years ago, our golden almost died from bloat on Xmas Eve and had to have emergency surgery that night! We were so thankful he lived, we didn't find out he'd be okay until 4 in the morning that night! Me, with a houseful of dinner guests, boo hooing all over the place - what a night! I know how you must have felt!!

Penelope said...

Thanks, guys...Lucy is home, safe and sound. I could use a veryyyyyy big martini. Jesus H. Canola...what a Thanksgiving! Way too much melodrama.

Julia...is your dog OK? mushrooms scare me.

Lindsay...thanks! she is feeling much better, just a little skinny.

Julie...Ugh! Why do these things always happen on the holidays? So glad your doggie is OK.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Oh Julia! Bloat is so deadly. I'm glad your golden is okay. Penny - your bundle of fluff is so cute! What a sweetie!
Yes, Jake's okay. He grabbed the mushroom while we were hiking and took a chunk out of it - he was playing, but of course is was a deadly mushroom. People out here die from eating these with regularity. Apparently they resemble an edible mushroom that grows in Asia so lots of immigrants pick it and end up in liver failure.

You do deserve a martini!

Carolyn Crane said...

OH, best wishes for you and your baby! How scary!

Penelope said...

Hi Carolyn! She's better now....I just have a few more white hairs!

Blodeuedd said...

I am glad that she is getting better. How scary and I sure never knew that about mouldy pumpkins

Penelope said...

Blodeuedd--She is doing great! Thanks so much for stopping by.