Friday, September 10, 2010
Friday Reading Update
I am still half-way through several books I hope to finish this weekend: Dark Peril by Christine Feehan and Anytime Darlin' by Julia Rachel Barrett. I got side-tracked this week by several things.....
1) No school Monday or Thursday. I am so confused. Can't wait until we have a regular the-kids-will-be-in-school-5-days-in-a-row week.
2) I read Blameless and was massively disappointed (see review).
3) I read an ARC by a new debut author (Marie Beau). It's called Wolf! and I loved it! Review coming soon.
4) I had my first cardiology appointment and I am slightly bummed out. For some dumb reason I got it in my head that I would be all better by the beginning of Sept. The doc told me it will take at least 3 months to recuperate. My meds are wiping me out and I find myself falling asleep sitting up in a chair like a little old man. Oy.
5) Biggest distraction of the week: My daughter is trying desperately to convince me to get a new puppy. We have spent hours pouring over puppy photos from New England dachshund breeders. I'm trying to stay strong, but those cute little paws and expressive eyes and pink little tongues (and barking in the middle of the night, poops in the house, chewing up my furniture...). Not sure if getting a new puppy will be heart-healthy or push me over the edge of the abyss.
Well, I hope all of you have a great weekend. I will be reading, walking and eating celery sticks. And possibly getting my face licked by a little bundle of fluff.