Many thanks to Emily Bryan for the shout-out on her blog site. She was awarded a Premio Dardos Award which "acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day." Nice! She is spreading the love by mentioning five of her favorite blogspots, including Penelope's Romance Reviews! She says (and I quote)..."Penny's reading tastes are broad and she gives thoughtful, well-written reviews. I've been fortunate to receive lots of raves for my work, but Penny's insights are fresh and intensely 'quotable' - a quality my editor really prizes in reviews!" Oh, I feel a swoon coming on! Emily also mentions some other excellent blogs she enjoys, including MamaWriters, which I love. Here are my recommendations for some additional Premio Dardos Awards...
- The Long and Short of It All - an excellent website for dachshund lovers
- The Quirky Ladies - a romance writer's blog composed of six women writing various genres of romance, including historical, paranormal, fantasy, contemporary, and erotic
- The Witchy Chicks - a blog by nine women writing in the fantasy/magic spectre, including Annette Blair, one of my favorite authors!
- The Moody Muses - another romance writer's blog, written by a wonderful, supportive group of women, also part of the New England Chapter of the RWA
- Emily Bryan's Blog - (right back at you, babe!)...Emily always has an interesting topic to read about, including cool historic tidbits, interviews, and of course, the Mr. Romance Contest at RT doesn't hurt either.